It’s the most wonderful time of the year…. The holiday makeup palettes are here!!!! Yes this is THE BEST time to buy makeup for yourself or a gift. Every year (around October) the Holiday lines slowly arrive, tempting us with pretty packaging and gift sets and palettes, until they pop up everywhere! November is here and we are in the thick of it friends 🎉🎉🎉 …now is the time to shop!!
Some of my favorites for this year are (drumroll…..):
- The Makeup Forever 15 Artist Shadow Palette (seph.me/1l3OrXf)
- Urban Decay Vice4 Eyeshadow Palette (seph.me/1j6qrkI)
- Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette (bit.ly/1P7uBHD)
- Too Faced Stardust by Vegas Nay Eyeshadow Palette (bit.ly/1LMy2ip)
- Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con 20 Palette (luxe!) (bit.ly/1OPndRd)
- LORAC Mega PRO Palette 2 Eyeshadow (bit.ly/1NrrZUS)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eye Shadow Palette (seph.me/1kSr8A4)
These are all LIMTED EDITION and once sold out are gone! These gorgeous palettes are richly hued, pigmented, and blendable. These palettes range from sultry chic to bold bright color pops. They all have a different place in your “beauty wardrobe!”
This year’s holiday misses? I would pass on the Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London palettes and the Cargo Venice Palette. I wanted to love these but both just miss the pigmentation I look for in shadow formulas. The Tarte cosmetics holiday line and the Two Faced “Paris” themed line had waaay too much focus on their packaging, in my opinion. Also the shadow formulas did not seem the same as permanent line shades. That’s a big “no-no” for me. I want my holiday kits to have the same performance as the products in the permanent product line.
Keep a lookout for Gwen Stefani’s collaboration palette with Urban Decay and Too Faced Chocolate Bon-Bons palette – they should be available soon and they look like winners!!😄
Overall, I love the variety and spectrum of color in this season’s palettes. Bold brights and sexy sultry shades seem to be in the forecast to bring in good cheer this year!