Ahh, summer…..the sun, the sand, the salt, the…..frizz. Okay, so up until very recently, I have to admit I did not embrace that last one. I was the classic curly-haired girl growing up in the 90s, idolizing every silky, straight-haired lady gracing a magazine cover. But, finally, I have changed! Yay for me, and soon to be, yay for you too. Here’s my easy summer hair care routine that keeps my curls poppin’:
- Don’t wash your hair. Really. To truly embrace those summer curls and beach-created waves, you must also embrace where they came from: ocean/pool water and the sultry summer air. As counterintuitive as it might seem, don’t try eliminating these elements from your hair. Instead, use them!
- Allow your hair to dry naturally.
- Squeeze Styling Creme onto your fingertips and gently rub your left fingers and your right fingers together. Then run your fingers through your hair. (Be careful not to use too much and over-grease your hair. For shoulder length hair, use approximately a nickel-sized amount.)
- Spritz Volume Spray onto your fingertips and gently rub your left fingers and your right fingers together. Use your fingers to smooth out/press down fly-aways. (Be sure to smooth out around your ears and at the nape of your neck.)
- To “spruce up” your hair in the morning, spritz Dream Curls all over your hair and then repeat steps 3 and 4.
Happy Summer Curls!
Andrea Graye :)