Favorite pie….EVER….chocolate cream pie!!!! I know, I need say no more….but you know I will. So, this pie goes back to when my mother first made it. It was the most delicious! That’s when you used the pudding mix in a regular piecrust. From there, it went to mixing whipped cream in the pudding and putting it in a graham cracker crust…Well, you know I had to tweak it a bit to make it healthier!
Sort of Nutty Pie Crust
¾ cup pecan meal/flour (you can make your own by blending ½ cup of whole pecans)
½ cup almond flour
1 tablespoon raw honey
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly with mixing spoon.
- Press mixture into a pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Chocolate Cream Pie
2 oz. unsweetened baker’s chocolate
1 can (14 oz.) condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 oz. cream cheese
¼ cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate squares with condensed milk.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat chocolate into cream cheese.
- Beat in yogurt and cocoa powder until creamy.
- Pour into cooled pie shell and refrigerate.
Don’t forget to top with your favorite whipped cream!
Godetevi questa delizziosa torta al cioccolato cremoso! (Enjoy this delicious creamy chocolate pie!)
Dio ti benedica (God Bless you)