I’ve heard the key to teaching your kids to eat candy in moderation is to make sure they are first nourished with a proper meal. To help everyone on Halloween, I’ve created a QUICK dinner packed with protein and fiber:
1 box (6 ounce box) Organic Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
3 tablespoons whole organic milk
1 can (15 ounces) Organic Baked Beans
1/2 package chopped Organic Pre-Cooked Sausage (avoid apple because the bake will be too sweet)
2 tablespoons bourbon barbecue sauce
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Boil water in medium saucepan and cook shells for 8 minutes. Drain in colander.
3. Add milk and packet of cheese to the saucepan and stir.
4. Add cooked pasta and mix to combine.
5. Add beans, sausage, barbecue sauce and mix to combine.
6. Pour into 11×7 (2.2 quarts) rectangle glass baking dish.
7. Add parmesan across top.
8. Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
9. Let set out of the oven for 5 minutes.
Andrea Graye :)