One Christmas, after many years of making turkey and all the fixings, I found out from my daughter that her husband never really cared for the traditional “turkey dinner”. “Really?!,” I thought, “and NOW I find this out?! Well, I can’t let my son-in-law go through the day and not enjoy his meal!” I figured I would make him lasagna; I know he likes lasagna. I only have one oven, but I have a slow cooker. I decided to make lasagna in that! Here is my recipe…
1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
6 lasagna noodles
1 pound ground chicken
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
2 cups ricotta
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 tablespoon parmesan
1. Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker.
2. Place 2 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
3. Mix ground chicken (uncooked), the rest of the sauce, garlic powder, and oregano together in a bowl. Pour 1/3 of this mixture over the top of the noodles.
4. Spread 1 cup ricotta over the meat mixture.
5. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over the ricotta.
6. Continue layering, beginning again with 2 noodles. The top layer does not have ricotta.
7. When finished, top with 2 tablespoons parmesan.
8. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Godetevi le lasagna e Dio vi benedica!