I love Sweet and Sour Chicken and all things like Sweet and Sour Chicken. But, my husband is allergic to soy and nuts, so ordering this genre of food can be quite tricky. There is also the added concern of that pesky MSG that often accompanies my chicky from these restaurants. So, I made up my own recipe with no soy, nuts, or MSG!
Sweet and Sour Chicken (served over Brown Rice)
1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 pound chopped broccoli
1/2 pound sugar snap peas
3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- Dip both sides of chicken tenders in avocado oil and then dip in panko bread crumbs.
- Place chicken tenders in glass baking dish and bake in oven on 350 degrees until fully cooked (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- In a saute pan, heat avocado oil. Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, onion powder, broccoli, and sugar snap peas. Cook until broccoli is soft.
- While broccoli is cooking, cut up the chicken into chunks.
- Once the broccoli is cooked, mix in the sweet chili sauce.
- Turn the stove off and slowly mix in the chunks of chicken.
Have a delicious day!
Andrea Graye :)