Our wellness contributor, Tara Felice, is a genius health expert. She knows exactly what to eat, why to eat it, AND she loves to talk about it! When I asked her to share the gluten-free diet she created because of her Celiac Disease, she immediately replied with, “Oh how FUN!” She’s so adorable!
Along with her diet being gluten-free, it’s also infused with her tips for the healthiest sources of food.
- Breakfast: Pastured (not pasteurized) fried or scrambled eggs (the whole egg, NOT just the whites) with spinach or mushrooms. Use ghee in the pan as your oil when cooking the eggs.
- Morning Snack: Dip a banana in cashew butter and coconut oil.
- Lunch: Hearty Salad- lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, avocado, meat (Tara uses leftovers in her fridge such as chicken), smoked salmon, hard-boiled egg, nuts, seeds, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Afternoon Snack: Organic celery and Nut Butter.
- Dinner: Venison steaks, sweet potato fries, and sautéed swiss chard (leafy green vegetable).
- Dessert: Chocolate (dark, pure cacao), OR locally made ice cream, OR pure potato chips in good organic or local oil (coconut/sunflower/avocado).
For beverages, Tara drinks tons of lemon water throughout the day, and her coffee is organic and locally roasted with stevia and cashew milk. At the very end of the day, she drinks hot water with lemon, ginger, and apple cider vinegar.
For more tips from Tara on eating well listen to our podcast, Your New Relationship with Food!
Andrea Graye :)