Sometimes life lessons that would give us a lot of help as adults, we missed out on learning as a child. Some are small tricks, but others could really set us on a whole new path…a much better one.
- Numbing Cream: You don’t have to be afraid of the dentist. You can ask for numbing cream, even with a routine cleaning. This prevents a lot of pain and discomfort.
- “Professionals” Can Be Wrong: Just because someone is in a position of authority or professional role, does not mean they are advising you correctly. For example, a “professional” hairstylist at a Manhattan salon severely damaged my hair during a routine blowout. Don’t be afraid to tell someone “No!” even if they are in a position of “authority” on a topic.
- You Can Do Anything: Even if no one in your family, or your school, or your town, has ever done “x,” YOU can. If you have a great interest and passion for a certain career or way of life, nothing can stop you from achieving it except fear. Believe in you. This is one of the greatest lessons my mom taught me.
- Food is Our Friend: If we respect food, it respects us. Food gives us important energy and takes care of our bodies. Seeing it through this lens helps us make good choices on what to eat and what not to eat. (If you want to hear more on this topic, we have a very helpful podcast, Your New Relationship with Food.)
- Vacation Shouldn’t Differ from Real Life: If there are things we love doing, we need to find a way to do them more than once a year on a vacation. And, whatever it is we want to do to “get ready” for a vacation (i.e. color our hair, get a pedicure, lose weight, buy a new wardrobe, etc.) we should do for ourselves the other 360 days of the year. Let’s make steps so our life looks how we want it to more than a few days a year.
Whenever I write or talk about wellness topics, it is so important to me that you know it purely comes from a place of love. Everything I cover is derived from something I have gone through and learned, and that I want to use to help you. My hope is that you can learn it faster and with less stress than I did.
I LOVE YOU.
Andrea Graye :)