It’s so hard to logistically fly from blustery cold weather to 90-degree sunshine. I don’t like bulk and carrying excessive luggage, so I never want to be bundled up in my snow gear. Here’s the exact outfit I wear to manage the transition:
- Draped Duster Cardigan: This is perfect because it’s like a big blanket for the airplane and doubles as a coat of sorts in the cold weather. I don’t fly to warm destinations with heavy winter coats because it’s too much to lug.
- Sleeveless Blouse: Once you arrive at your warm weather destination, toss your cardigan in your tote bag and your sleeveless blouse will keep you nice and cool on your way to the hotel. It’s also helpful if the airplane gets stuffy.
- Woven Maxi Skirt and Leggings: Wear your leggings underneath your maxi skirt and take them off when you land. The skirt will hide the leggings on the plane and will be perfect once you enter the heat.
- Ballet Flats: A metallic ballet flat works in both cold and warm weather locales.
- Tote Bag: A metallic tote also works in both cold and warm weather locales! This bag is great for the airplane and the pool.
- Sheer Scarf: Wrap a lightweight scarf around your neck a couple of times for warmth on your way to the airport, and then you can use it as a stole for dinners in cool restaurants on your vaca.
- Leather Gloves: These will keep you warm and aren’t too big to keep with you on your entire trip.
Andrea Graye :)